Creamy Corn Chowder
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbps paprika
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1L vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups corn niblets, about 3 cobs of corn
- 1 (400ml) can coconut milk
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne (optional)
¼ cup thinly sliced chives
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat add oil. Once heated add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Next add garlic, carrots, and celery and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and paprika and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Next incorporate potatoes and tomatoes.
- Deglaze pot with veg stock or water and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Next add corn niblets and cook for about 2 minutes or until niblets are tender.
- Stir in coconut milk, lime zest and juice and season with salt, pepper and cayenne (if using).
- Remove from heat. Top with chives and serve.